Monday 18 April 2022

Divine Seer - Shri Sushameendra Teertha

By Sri Chiraan 2009/04/14

A first look at the swamiji, he comes across as less knowledged, childish and less expressive person. Guruji is not known to have given highly charged sermon. He always speaks what has been ordained for him through his surroundings. Many people mistake him to be a proxy. But all these notion will change once you have a intimate moment with him. The conversation that he leaves [consisting of only few words sometimes a one liner], and expression in his eyes would leave even most savvy people stunned and amazed at the spiritual power of this great saint. 

{I am a balanced personality never given to histrionics and unreasoned adulations, I take credit unto myself many times [egoistically] analysing most complex human issues with ease since my mercury is exalted as second and eleventh lord with yoga karaka aspected by benefic. I could read human mind just by looking at the eyes of the person even as a child of eight years. Most of the time [as I was growing and simmering with intellectual ego {squashed badly during seven and half saturn}], I refused to listen to people, as I knew what next words would be, as I thought listening would be a waste of time, angering many people. Later I learnt the fact from my father that one must listen  for the solace of others though you know what he is going to say}.

But with swamiji a look into his eyes would result into non worldly experiences. Swamiji never seemed to be in this world. What a pamar mind of mine [pamar is one who is engrossed in mundane affairs of life] would decipher the extra wordly affairs of a advanced soul! Am I being unreasonable and exaggerated? No because there were moments where swamiji knowing my abilities gave many hints, advices through his eyes! Once when I was swayed by emotions and was adamant on taking an action unapproved by everyone surrounding me, but I was very reluctant to let go the thought, because I was under the impression I could never go wrong, but as everyone disapproved [I had stopped interacting], I thought why not ask the seer Sushameendra teertha. As these thoughts were crisscrossing my mind, I got a urgent call to attend a conference in Hyderabad, I hurriedly left Mumbai. As a usual practise  Before attending I made it a point to visit Barkatpura mutt, Sushameendra teertha had also come that day to Hyderabad.  As MoolRama Pooja was going on, my mind was wavering, I was only concentrating on Gurujis’ eyes and my mind was far from devotional. Swamiji stopped the pooja in middle, turned towards me, I was seated in a corner very far, gave a stern look, I could read he did not approve my action. The pooja being stopped had surprised everyone, well I asked mentally a question, AM I facing failure by giving up this thought, he smiled and his eyes were moist and showed concern and assurance, I could read it. I promised I will give up the thought. The poise regained pooja continued. Swamiji called me after the pooja, I had a tapta mudra dharana, believe my thoughts weeded away, I felt was it me who was thinking so. [ A minute ago my mind was agitating, after tapta mudra I was ashamed, I realised everybody is prone to making mistakes].

Its very difficult to conquer an agitating mind, but with likes of Sushameendra Guru around, everything’s a cakewalk. But why do people like swamiji behave like this?

The answer is in Bhagavat, Purana say when a person attains a extraordinary knowledge about Lord and self, he must act like a fool, child or null, carelessly singing, dancing and behaving as child or insane, he must escape the worldly pursuit and live a secluded life given up towards Krishna. Aparoksha Gyani as Shri Sushameendra teertha was, not for a second did he make other realise that he was very knowledged or scholar or divine.

But his divine nature oozed out for the people to see, when every word uttered by him started materialising. Couple who never had children for 14 years, just when he blessed have a child, bore child within nine months ,

Once when keys were forgotten to open the sanctum sanctorium, he opened it miraculously. He could ask people to find solution to problems around him, just by childish adamancy. Is touch was a great heal, I remember when I was badly stuck in one of my endeavours, [ however hard I tried, I felt some force obstructing me and me helplessly meek before it, I needed a booster adrenaline]. Just then swamy came by, he gave a small pat on my back, I felt a surge of energy, and very next moment then onwards my forward journey started overcoming all the obstacles like a twig. I know for myself it was not my efforts, but some divine strength that drove me through fierce opposition.

Friends Sushameendra Teertha was no ordinary seer, he was a divine Aparoksha gyani living amidst us. I feel fortunate to have had such close intimate relationship with him. I bow to this soul again and again in reverence.

Krishnarpana

No comments: